Back to media

Brazil regulator approves Alux do Brasil acquisition by CBA



São Paulo, January 7, 2022 – Brazil’s antitrust regulator, CADE, preliminarily approved without restrictions on 12/21/2021, and finally approved on 1/6/2022, the acquisition of 80% of Alux do Brasil by Companhia Brasileira de Alumínio (CBAV3) for R$ 110 million, with an option to buy the remaining 20% ​​from the third year after completing the transaction.   CBA had announced the proposed acquisition on November 04, 2021. Antitrust clearance was among the conditions for the deal, along with other conditions precedent agreed between CBA and the sellers. Until the acquisition is concluded, the two companies’ operations will remain independent. CBA’s acquisition of Alux is aligned with its long-term strategy to expand its aluminum recycling capacity and will deliver on its commitment to consistently reduce its carbon footprint. It will also allow the Company to enter a new business segment of selling secondary aluminum alloys.   About CBA Founded in 1955, Companhia Brasileira de Alumínio (CBAV3) is a vertically integrated, sustainable producer of high-quality aluminum products. The company has the hydro capacity to generate most of its electricity requirement, and is the only fully integrated aluminum maker in Brazil. The company’s operations span from bauxite mining through primary aluminum (ingots, billets, rod and slabs) to semi-fabricated products (sheet, coil, foil and profiles), as well as recycling. Go to:   About Alux do Brasil Alux do Brasil stands among the largest producers of secondary aluminum alloy in Brazil. Founded in 2002, the company has produced more than 400,000 metric tons of the metal over the years, and holds accounts with the major players in the automotive segment. Alux do Brasil is certified to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, assuring it operates to internationally recognized standards of quality and sustainability, and adopts best practices in compliance. Go to:

Maybe you are interested

Confira nossas redes

        © 2024