- Conducted a diversity assessment - Created a Diversity Committee - Developed a Diversity & Inclusion Policy - Launched a new Diversity & Inclusion Guide
Diversity makes us stronger
We believe in the power of inclusion and diversity of life experiences and worldviews as a way to foster a fairer, more democratic and more sustainable environment, and a more equal society.
That is why we support diversity as part of our commitment to being a responsible corporate citizen.
By creating a more inclusive environment where all employees feel free to be themselves, we are helping to lead an important transformation in our industry that is positively impacting the communities where we operate and society at large. We make no distinctions on the basis of gender, color/race, age, disability, sexual orientation, background, nationality, religion, belief or any other intrinsic aspect of human diversity. At CBA, everyone matters. Everyone is welcome.
Learn our Diversity & Inclusion Manifesto
What we’re doing
- Set up initiatives to raise awareness, attract, train and develop the careers of minorities (gender, race, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+) - Carried out an Inclusion Census - Developed inclusive communications
- Embedded inclusion and diversity into performance assessments - Provided related training
- Organized internal events and initiatives, such as events marking International Women’s Day, International LGBTQIA+ Pride Day, Black Awareness Day, and International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Joined the Young SDG Innovators – Women in Mining and Metals initiative, a Global Compact Network acceleration program for young students
- Have implemented an initiative to train women to work in industrial occupations in the regions where we operate, in a partnership with the Industrial Training Service (SENAI)
See the stories of some of our employees and what it’s like to pursue a career with CBA.